Thursday, June 3, 2010

I should have been an antiques dealer ;)

I bought these last week in a second hand shop and I must say they were a bargain. The frame is really degraded and at the present moment it’s in my workshop awaiting restoration. It has hand-blown glass with small imperfections that make beautiful light waves. The print is from 1916. I really love this type of old frames and I already have a few of them collected. I dream of the day when I’ll be using them for faithful copies of old masters which I would paint myself studying their methods and techniques.

I’ll post some photos taken during restoration soon.

3 comments:

p said...

wow teo, that bag is so cool. great pictures too.
its hard to imagine what that hand-blown glass in the frame looks like in person..never heard of it.
looking forward to seeing what magic you perform!

Unknown said...

These are both great. You must have a good eye in the shops.

Teo said...

Thanks! I'm really found of them too.
Paula, I don't know if I can take a good photo of the glass to show you how it looks like, but I found this image and more info here if you are curious. I'm sure you must have seen it before but did not not know it is hand-blown.
Coming right up with pics of the finished frame!