Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A treasure from a trip to Lisbon

Last week I went in a very short trip to Lisbon. The weather was awful but I was really excited by the trip as I wanted to buy bookbinding supplies (very hard to find otherwise) and to go to my favorite fair from Portugal: Feira da Ladra. That is the fair I went to every Saturday for almost three years, before moving to the north of Portugal.
Saturday was raining, at the fair people had everything covered in plastic foil and I was already getting disappointed that after walking up and down those streets several times I was still unable to find something nice. And then there it was: one of the most beautiful bags I ever found! The man who sold it to me even made me a deal on the price because it was raining, haha. I was so happy! So here it is. Beautiful!



3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, wow! Really great find! Isn't it so wonderful to find a treasure like that?

Karla Tull Aron said...

Very cool bag--a treasure. I would love to peruse the sales in Portugal! I've never visited, but I have an old friend from Lisbon who is probably a pretty well-known pianist there {Alexandra David} -- we were in grad school together in music. I know she concertizes there in the summers. Anyway, I enjoy hearing about your country very much.

TeoStudio said...

Thanks! Then you should come to visit Portugal sometime! I didn't know about Alexandra David but I googled and found this http://www.mascolo-david.com/portugese/biografia.html . Is it her?